If there was ever a fruit that just paired perfectly with the holidays, it would be cranberry! You can cook, bake and even decorate with them!
This week in the kitchen, we made Cranberry Orange Bars! The recipe is simple, easy to make and is great for your little ones to help with!
This tangy and tart mixture is a delicious treat that would be a perfect addition at your holiday table! (Unless you don’t have much will power and end up eating these bars for breakfast like we did!)
For this recipe, we tried Challenge Butter. I love the fact that it is made using natural ingredients and doesn’t contain any added growth hormones.
The quality of the butter is smooth, creamy and gives a rich taste to your baked goods.
You can taste the REAL difference that REAL Challenge Butter makes in all of your holiday dishes!
Let me know how you like it! Happy Holiday Baking!
This post was sponsored by Challenge Butter. All opinions and ideas are my own.
Cranberry Orange Bars
- 13×9 baking pan
- 1 cup flour
- 1 /2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup quick cook oats
- 1/4 tea salt
- 1/2 tea cinnamon
- 6 tbl melted butter
- 1 juice from one orange
- 1/2 cup cranberries frozen or dried
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tbl flour or cornstarch
- 1 tea vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 orange rind from one orange
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Lightly spray a 13×9 baking pan with cooking oil
- In one bowl mix flour, brown sugar, oats, salt, cinnamon, melted butter and orange juice together. It will be a crumble consistency.
- Press the flour mixture over the bottom of the tray creating your bottom crust, leaving a 1/2 cup put aside for the topping.
- In a separate bowl mix the cranberries, sour cream, white sugar, flour, vanilla, egg and orange rind together.
- Spread the cranberry mixture over your crust and then top with the remaining dry mix.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until golden brown.